Welcome Family Teams
- Pledge yourself the first $50. People follow the leader on a pledge form.
- Ask your employer about a potential matching funds program. They may match funds you and/or your team raises.
- Send an email using the Walk online participant centre. Mention if your team is walking in honour of a family member who was diagnosed with Alzheimer's disease or dementia.
- Offer your fundraising reward as a draw for your donors.
- Reach out to all of your contacts. Ask your friends to make a pledge on your personal page, as we accept credit cards for easy donation payment and they receive their tax receipt immediately.
- Request to Canvas at an LCBO Store (Tag Days Request)
- Special Event: If you have a milestone (e.g. birthday, anniversary, retirement, etc.) approaching, host a party and ask guests to contribute to your Walk in lieu of gifts.
- Don’t forget great ideas such as a garage sale, golf tournament, bottle recycling drive, live or silent auction.
We are so excited for your organization is joining the IG Wealth Management Walk for Memories. Organizational teams are a vital component to the ongoing success of the Walk.
CorporateTeam Fundraising Ideas
- For a donation of $2-5, ask employees to wear sneakers on a designated day and donate the money to your team.
- Ask your HR team to donate a vacation day you can auction off! Sell tickets and don’t forget to put up posters promoting the campaign!
- Matching Gift Programs: Ask your employer if they will match the funds you raise.
- Jeans/Casual Day: For a donation of $5, ask employees to dress casually on a designated day and donate the money to your team.
- Collection of “Extra Change” near the coffee station at your office
- Draws for gift certificates, tickets or prime parking space at the office. For a donation of a specific dollar amount, the donor is entered into a draw.
- Challenge your suppliers and vendors to form teams and fundraise. Have competitions to see who raises the most funds.
- Request to Canvas at an LCBO Store (Tag Days Request).
We want your fundraising to be successful! Click here to view other printable resources.
Click here to view this year's incentive levels.