Step 1: Choose a Team Captain
- Identify a team member who is highly motivated.
- Choose a team name.
- Register the Team Captain first here
Step 2: Set Goals
- Set your team goal. A good benchmark to use is setting a suggested minimum fundraising amount of $100 per walker on your team.
- Work with the Walk staff to help set your team goals.
Step 3: Recruit Walkers
Invite walkers to join your team through the website. Who will you ask to join your team? Consider the following:
- Family and friends.
- Co-workers and neighbours.
- Personal Support Worker/Long Term Care facility staff.
Step 4: Motivate your Team
A motivated team will help you reach your team goal.
- Communicate regularly with your team.
- Encourage them to fundraise early to avoid last minute work.
- Brainstorm together and think of fun ways to raise more money.
Step 5: Raise Money
- Reach out on your social media such as Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Google+, etc. (be sure to use our hashtag #WalkForMemories), with a personalized ask or by creating a video and posting it on YouTube. With these tools you can reach a broad audience with minimal effort.
Step 6: Attend the Carswell Family Night
Step 7: Attend the Walk
- Congratulations! You have met your goal. Bring your pledge forms and money on event day.
- Walk with your team and celebrate your loved ones!
- Enjoy the celebratory closing ceremonies with activities, entertainment, snacks and the awards ceremony.
Step 8: Post Walk
The last, but certainly NOT least, part of the IG Wealth Management Walk for Memories is expressing your appreciation.
- Send thank you emails or letter to donors.
We want your family team to be successful! Click here to view other printable fundraising resources.