So, you've registered for the walk but now you’re wondering ‘how am I supposed to fundraise?’. Well, you’ve come to the right place! Here are some tips on how to up those dollars and reach your fundraising goal!
- Pledge yourself the first $50.
- ASK! Don’t be afraid of asking your family and friends for donations. Its very likely that if you do ask, they will make a donation!
- Talk about why you walk on social media! Post it to all of your personal pages with a link to your personal walk page!
- Start fundraising early! This way you have time to follow up with your asks, and you have time to thank the donors that gave.
- Send an email using the Walk online participant centre. Personalize your page with a picture and mention if your team is walking in honour of a family member who was diagnosed with Alzheimer's disease or dementia.
- Let your donors know of the awesome incentives you will receive if you reach your fundraising goal! They will be more likely to help you get closer to reaching it!
- Reach out to all of your contacts and let them know its super easy to make a credit card donation online. They will receive their tax receipt immediately.v
- Special Event: If you have a milestone (e.g. birthday, anniversary, retirement, etc.) approaching, host a party and ask guests to contribute to your Walk in lieu of gifts.
- Organize a garage sale, golf tournament, bottle recycling drive, or ask your employees to donate spare change!
Are you on a family or corporate team? Try these tips:
- For a donation of $2-5, ask employees to wear sneakers on a designated day and donate the money to your team.
- Ask your HR team to donate a vacation day you can auction off!
- See if your company will match your total donations. Ask your employer if they will match the funds you raise.
- Jeans/Casual Day: For a donation of $5, ask employees to dress casually on a designated day and donate the money to your team.
- Collection of “Extra Change” near the coffee station at your office.
- Hold a silent auction at a family event or at your workplace! Some items you could have in your auction could include baked goods, gift certificates, movie tickets, books and more!
- Reach out to your suppliers and vendors to form teams or donate to you!
- Have a yard sale or a used book/DVD sale in your neighbourhood.
We want your fundraising to be successful! Click here to view other printable resources.
Click here to view this year's incentive levels.