Alzheimer Society of Toronto has redeveloped our Behavioural Support Training Program (BSTP) program and are ready to try it out.
Who should take this course?
- Front-line healthcare providers who have
successfully completed either ASTs Dementia Care Training Program (DCTP) or U-First in the
past 2 years
- Must be currently working with people living with dementia.
Participants will learn:
- to operationally define Behavioural and Psychological Symptoms of Dementia (BPSDs)
- to determine when responsive behaviours requires
- to enhance reflective skills and recognize that behaviour has meaning
specific to the individual
- to enhance verbal and written reporting skills
- to demonstrate individualized communication techniques to de-escalate and support positive interactions with people with dementia
- to develop an action plan that will allow professionals to recommend and evaluate
different non pharmacological approaches appropriate to the individual and
their unique situation
Training dates and time:
Training - Thursdays, August 10, 17, 24 and 31 from 5:00 pm to 8:00 pm and a
Focus Group - Tuesday, September 12 from 5:30 to 7:00 pm
Do I qualify? Please fill in interest form, we will contact you for confirm your registration.
For more information or question, please contact Remy Sookhai at 416 - 640-6317 or by email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Time: 5:00 PM - 8:00 PM
Alzheimer Society of Toronto
20 Eglinton Ave. West, 16th Floor
Toronto, ON M4R 1K8